We have decided to port over a promising Minecraft clone to the libretro API. The original source repository can be found here, and the libretro repository can be found here.
Windows/Linux/OSX users can already download this core by going to the Core Updater and downloading ‘Craft’. You can directly start the core since it requires no content to be loaded, it can be started as-is without needing any ROM or content file.
The original Craft upstream repository was a bit barebones, so we have decided to expand this port:
- Biomes were added (these were located on a branch that was never merged into master), this adds hills / fortresses as can be seen in the screenshot
- Water was added (this was located on a branch, never merged into master).
- More sophisticated sunrise/sunset color blending (from Konstrukts).
- A ‘Jumping Flash’ mode that allows you to jump infinitely into the air all while the camera faces downwards.
- Configurable draw distance. The draw distance has a big effect on the framerate, a draw distance of 1 or 2 can make this core playable even on very lightweight computers.
- Configurable field of view.
- Gamepad support (including analog stick support) configurable analog sensitivity and deadzones, preliminary mouse and keyboard support.
- Configurable resolutions, up to 4K.
- A lot of changes under the hood, some of them which are detailed in the Making Of Article.