Original article here.
New version of Lakka has been released!
We are happy to announce the new and updated version of Lakka.
Changes since version 3.5.2:
- RetroArch updated to 184.108.40.206Option to control the menu by all users is back
New option for automatic frame delay (accessible via Settings → Latency, and also via Quick Menu; Advanced Settings must be enabled to access this option)
- Cores updated to their most recent versionsbeetle-fce: added new libretro core (exists besides beetle-fce-fast)
ecwolf: added new libretro core
fbneo: added highscore.dat to RetroArch system folder
mame2003-plus: added artwork, cheat.dat and history.dat to RetroArch system folder
scummvm: added engine files, themes, soundfont and basic scummvm.ini file to RetroArch system folder,
- Mesa updated to 21.2.5
- Mainline kernel updated to 5.10.78
- Raspberry kernel/firmware updated to 1.20211029
- Fixed issue with older Intel GPUs (crocus driver is now preferred and using MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE is not required anymore)
See GitHub for information about currently open bugs and issues and also for possible workarounds for these bugs/issues.
You can download the latest release from Lakka download page. If you want to follow the development of Lakka more closely, you can download latest Lakka nightly builds.
If you want to show your support for further development of the Libretro projects and ecosystem, you can learn more here.
A ninjafix release was just pushed for RetroArch 1.9.13. This overwrites the current 1.9.13 build. Download it here.
The main reason for this was that the overlays had been changed in 1.9.13. This would lead to many people’s existing overlay config files being broken due to the paths no longer working. So we changed it back to defaults. We apologize for the inconvenience. For example, because of this, the default overlay for Android would fail to start, and some overlays for 3DS would fail to show up.
Several Cheevos-related fixes have also been pushed.
- ANDROID/PLAYSTORE: Implement MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission
- ANDROID/PLAYSTORE: Bump up SDK level to 30 to comply with Play Store policies
- CHEEVOS: Fix need-to-activate achievement logic for non-hardcore
- CHEEVOS: Don’t queue rewind re-init if already on main thread
- CHEEVOS: Ignore unofficial achievements unless setting is enabled
- NETPLAY: Networking – should not print country for a local lobby
- NETPLAY: Add Text Chat functionality
- OVERLAYS: Revert changes
- VIDEO/ROTATION: Always return false if rotation can’t occur.
- RETRO_ENVIRONMENT_SET_ROTATION should return false when rotation has been forcefully disabled in frontend, that way the core can decide if aspect ratio should be rotated or not for vertical games. Useful for FBNeo for instance.
- WIIU: Make wiiu_gfx_load_texture code safer